Dishwashers ensure meal service dishes are clean and ready to serve. He or she will clean and dry all dishes, glasses, and silverware and check that they are stocked properly throughout each shift. While on duty, he or she must ensure that the dish room is kept clean and that equipment is stored properly. He or she will also be responsible for sweeping and mopping floors in the kitchen area, removing trash, and gathering soiled linens from tables at the end of each meal service. The wage range for dishwashers at Mac’s Seafood is $14.50 to $18.
Dishwasher Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload dishwasher safely and efficiently
- Wash glassware and various kitchen items by hand, when necessary
- Able handle work long hours
- Organize and manage the placement of all kitchen items and dishes
- Perform basic janitorial skills to clean up spills, broken glassware, etc. immediately
- Report any sanitation or janitorial issues to management
Dishwasher Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
- Some experience in a professional kitchen is a plus
- Able to safely operate industrial dishwashing machinery and carry loads up to 50 lbs
- Able to work in a hot, humid environment and stand for 8-hour shifts
- Flexible schedule
- YOU MUST PRESENT A VALID COVID VACCINATION CARD AT TIME OF HIRE.