Seafood Market Staff – Chatham
Retail seafood market sales representatives (Seafood Market staff) serve customer needs at our Dennis market location inside Ring Bros. Marketplace. Retail market workers are expected always to be courteous, knowledgeable, attentive to detail, hard-working and focused throughout their shift. The best candidates are enthusiastic team players who do everything necessary to satisfy customers’ needs, while also fulfilling tasks such as cleaning, prepping, and assisting co-workers in the efficient operation of the market.
He or she should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all products sold in the market. He or she should be prepared to talk with customers and to make recommendations for purchases and preparation methods and recipes. He or she should politely upsell products such as baguettes, pates, soups, sauces, and other items.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve customers in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner
- Take orders via telephone, internet and in person and fulfill them accordingly
- Help customers make informed decisions for buying and cooking fish and shellfish
- Receive payment for orders and make change using computer and cash registers
- Maintain retail service area, and surrounding retail shop in a clean manner, including kitchen, and outside area
- Help open and close the market
- Help to cross serve and/or assist team members as needed
- Turn in all cash and charge transactions at the end of the shift, as per company policy
- Communicate health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to manager
- Re-stock items as needed and communicate with manager any shortages
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Fundamental knowledge of basic Math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- General knowledge of food service industry and specifically seafood
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, while also bending, walking, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- While no other specific qualifications are required, the best candidates will possess a polite and professional demeanor, an eagerness to learn and work hard, and a general enthusiasm for working with people
- YOU MUST PRESENT A VALID COVID VACCINATION CARD AT TIME OF HIRE.